Clinical Medical Assistant
Brooklyn, New York
Apply for Job
Medical Assistant Job Description: Detailed Patient Intakes
- Checking faxes daily for PT evaluation, refills on medication, disability paperwork.
- Complete PT evaluations, refills on medications and disability paperwork
- Send paperwork to appropriate source.
- Draw blood for PRP injections.
- Remove sutures/staples.
- Remove casting.
- Referrals – Neurology, Diagnostic Testing, Physical Therapy, Medical Clearances
- Know appropriate medical terminology and how to write medication directions.
- Obtain records when necessary
- Clean and Stock patient rooms
- Prior Authorizations for medications
- Draw injections under sterile technique
- Available for late office hours
- Travel to satellite offices
- Explain spine and orthopedic surgical procedures
- Take care of daily phone calls and messages.
- Dispense and fit DME’s
- Sterilizing equipment
- Assisting MD in the room