- Scheduler needed for busy Medical Practice starting May 26th for 1 month, Temporary. There is a possibility the position could go permanent. Position requires utilization of clinical knowledge to schedule appropriate procedures/surgeries per provider’s orders. The Scheduler must schedule hospital procedures consistent with the patient’s diagnosis and procedure request. Also requires excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public. The Surgical Scheduler must be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely, accurate manner. Individual must be organized, and be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :Schedules hospital based medical procedures, for patients with appropriate provider and time/location slot, utilizing appropriate scheduling code.
- Interfaces with appropriate hospital staff to ensure a cohesive working relationship in providing patient care serves
- Enters notes/special instructions needed for scheduling in the electronic medical record.
- Effectively utilizes clinical knowledge when determining if appointment is consistent with the diagnosis/indications indicated by the provider.
- Completes accurate documentation of informed consent with patients for procedures and surgeries as needed.
- Provides accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test preparations, time of patients scheduled arrival, and any other directional information needed; takes appropriate action in responding to questions from patients.
- Confirms patient’s insurance provider and either obtains prior authorization or communicates need for prior authorization to appropriate parties as needed.
- Ensures patients have proper medical clearance and pre-surgical testing as needed.
- Completes pre-procedure phone calls and confirms appointment times with patients via telephone.
- Ensures completion of assessment for advance directive, including DNR when applicable.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that organizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists other members of the department as needed.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and 1-3 years of experience in healthcare scheduling, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with EMR system.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other healthcare professionals.
- Critical thinking skills and a positive attitude essential.