Accounts Receivable-Full time M-F 9:00-5:30
Essential responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following
Maintain current patient account demographics and financial responsibility
Maintains working knowledge of No-Fault, W.C., and Commercial Insurance requirements and guidelines. Stays up to date on emerging policies and denial trends with assigned payors and escalates to leaders as needed.
Extensive knowledge in NJ PIP and Appeals a must
Works reports assigned by Manager/Lead timely and within given guidelines.
Executes daily Appeals efficiently and accurately as assigned by Manager/Lead
Follow the guidelines given by Supervisor
Contacts patient upon receipt of patient correspondence. Consistently contacts patients within 48 hours of receipt of patient correspondence.
Prepares information concerning problems and trends as they occur and/or as requested. Proactively identifies root cause on AR issues and communicates to peers, leaders, as needed.
Documents all account follow up activities in the system.
Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, and rejections, exceptions or exclusions. Both paper and EDI.
Post Charges as instructed by Manager.
Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, clients and patients.
Review unpaid claims and research reasons for delay
Research appeal and resolve claim rejections, underpayments and denials with payers
Description subject to change according to the needs of the practice.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Able to take direction and handle tasks given by supervisors
- Quickly and effectively identify problematic situations communicate to Supervisors
- Comfortable analyzing information and dealing with complexity
- Able to handle confidential material in a reliable manner
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organization in a professional manner
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload in a changing environment