Advanced Practice Nurse
The Director of Nursing must be an Advanced Practice Nurse or Nurse Practitioner in good standing and currently licensed by the State of New Jersey. Experience with addiction and Medication Assisted Treatment preferred. Full-time position.
- Obtain health history and assess health/illness status/complete patient physicals.
- Provides patient education in the areas of health promotion and preventative medicine.
- Diagnoses, treats, and prescribes medication (if appropriately licensed).
- Makes referrals for diagnostic testing and advises treatment plans (if appropriate).
- Makes referral of patients as necessary to other health providers and/or social service agencies.
- Responsible for the coordination and integration of the nursing services with other patient care services.
- Participates in committees as appropriate.
- Provides staff education and training regarding medication policies and procedures.
- Provides Pick-up and delivery of Take-Home Methadone from and to affiliated Methadone Clinic.
- Coordinates and Maintains VFC Program, compliance and records.
- Maintains thermometer readings and records and ensures compliance with regulations.
- Maintains accurate records of equipment calibration.
- Maintains current MAT records for all MAT patients, including spreadsheet of all prescribed MAT medications by providers (including psychiatrist as needed)
- Maintain all medical and dental charts, auditing contents on a monthly basis to ensure compliance.
- Assists in referring MAT patients to other MAT providers as needed.
- Assists in overseeing the implementation and utilization of Infection Control Practices (Including, but not limited to, hand hygiene practices, communicable disease reporting, percutaneous medication administration, standard precautions, ensuring a sanitary environment, maintaining waste management, etc…).
- Ensures clear, concise and current written policies and procedures are available to assist the staff and minimize risk factors.
- Recommends modifications, additions or deletions to nursing staffing plans to ensure reasonable hours and acceptable working conditions to provide optimal patient care coverage.
- Initiates and participates in problem solving, policy forming conferences for patient care services.
- Participates in the meetings, case conferences, trainings, as assigned by supervisor.
- Plans and coordinates with the Clinic Administrator, utilizing the respective service managers for planning the budgeting requirements for staff, performance of work, supplies and equipment.
- Is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance and ensures patients receive the highest level of quality services.
- Completes Insurance Pre-authorizations for medications and procedures as needed for medical clinic and psychiatrist.
- Understands facility goals for customer satisfaction and strives to meet and exceed these goals.
- Provides coverage as needed.
- Works on-call as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Advanced Practice Nurse or Nurse Practitioner licensed by the state of New Jersey
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory nursing capacity
Strong attention to detail and proofreading
Strong technology skills
Excellent verbal, written and social skills
Interpersonal and leadership skills
Ability to work with all levels of management
Ability to work evenings/weekends as needed
Job Type: Full-time