Our client, a large sports apparel/clothing manufacturer, seeks a Distribution Supervisor on a direct hire basis to oversee all dropship logistics activity.
- Responsible for training of new employees.
- Schedules and oversees warehouse staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Responsible for processing all drop ship orders in accordance with Retailer requirements.
- Manage staff of 12 – 30 fulltime and temporary staff members.
- Determine level of temporary staffing needs, based on volume on a weekly basis.
- Replenishes stock and inventory as needed.
- Manage returns process.
- Ensures that all SKUs are stored in correct locations in the warehouse.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to develop strategic plans and procedures to increase the efficiency of warehouse practices.
- Enforces operating instructions and safety policies.
- Resolves routine equipment issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with data entry and inventory software and warehouse management systems.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Business or similar discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in distribution or manufacturing required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.