Technical Support Rep. (hybrid)
Help Desk Specialist
Apply for Job
Contract/TempOur client, an international consumer electronics company, seeks a hybrid (remote / in the office) Technical Support Specialist who will be under the direction of the Learning Development Manager. The purpose of this role is be the main technical support contact for Professional Screen/Displays, MFP Printers, and cloud based software for all customers on the East Coast. This is a newly created position with high visibility and customer interaction. This is also a hybrid full time long term contract position with a temp-to-hire option.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Interface with internal and external customers to answer customer and troubleshoot problems.
- Take customer calls and provide accurate, satisfactory answers to their questions and concerns.
- De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering patient assistance and support.
- Guide callers through troubleshooting, navigating the company site or using the products or services.
- Review customer or client accounts, providing updates and information about, shipping and, warranties.
- Collaborate with other call center professionals to improve customer service.
- Working with software production team to add detailed service-related documentation and videos to the learning management system
- Provide training to sales reps through live demonstrations.
- Work with team to test new versions of software.
- Responsible for staying current on product knowledge and software used for development and project creation.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Planning, and other internal groups as well as outside agencies to facilitate Media Systems Group directives.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree or 3 year’s equivalent experience.
- Technical knowledge of copiers, professional displays or software and solutions is a plus.
- Self-motivated person with strong creative writing, technical writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- Experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing
- Knowledge of MS Office 365.
- Ability to multi-task effectively. The workday and assignments will change frequently depending on internal and external customer needs.
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm