Our client, a global manufacturing company with operations in over 45 countries, seeks a Desktop Support professional on a long term indefinite temporary/contract basis. Hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. This is a diverse, high profile role in a global stable organization. In this role, you will:
1. Consult with business area management and staff on usage of end user computing systems and network-based PC/workstation software and hardware, systems security, recovery and back-up procedures, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades.
2. Manage, support, and troubleshoot network printers, scanners, mobile devices, etc.
3. Move, add and change workstations throughout locations.
4. Provide support for users at remote sites outside the campus
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is a plus
- Two years experience in programming and analysis and in end user computing and network-based PC/workstation applications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with Windows OS, Active Directory policies, and Microsoft Outlook/Exchange environments.
- Requires a broad knowledge of end user computing and network-based PC/workstation systems and hardware, client functions and applications, good consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staff.